#018 - MVC and Kentico 12
In this episode of Kentico Rocks, Brian McKeiver and Bryan Soltis review the state of using ASP.NET MVC in the upcoming release of Kentico 12. Yes, that's right after a small hiatus, we are looking to revive the podcast. This time Brian and Bryan talk about why Kentico MVC is a first class citizen now in 2018, how an agency might start to transition from the legacy Portal Engine to MVC, and behind the scenes in BizStream's journey into MVC development. Listen on to find out how you can start MVC in your own Kentico website development process now.
In This Episode
Brian McKeiver and Bryan Soltis talk about the following topics in Episode #18:
- Why Kentico developers should only be using MVC as opposed Portal Engine.
- The benefits of MVC as a development framework.
- Kentico 12 beta, roadmap, and product highlights in the MVC (think Page Builder and Widgets).
Related Links to this episode:
- Developing sites using ASP.NET MVC in Kentico
- Kentico 12 beta
- 8 Things Developers Should Know about Kentico MVC
- Kentico product roadmap
You can listen to the episode here on this blog post, it is embedded below:
You can also listen to the previous episode of Kentico Rocks where we talk about Kentico MVC and getting started in MVC.