In this episode of Kentico Rocks, Bryan Soltis and Brian McKeiver join forces with a few special guests. The group talks about a few different strategies that can be used to handle large amounts of data in Kentico. In reality large amounts of data can mean many different things, especially when it comes to displaying that data on a website. For this episode of Kentico Rocks we did try to narrow down our focus to the basics of content management with consideration to big datasets. Care to take a guess who joins us ? Listen to the episode to find out who.
In this Episode
Bryan and I talk about the following topics in Episode #10:
- Storage ideas for large amounts of data
- Webpage display ideas and web part tips for optimization
- A possible strategy for optimizing how much data is returned from the database
- Front end techniques that could possibly be used to improve performance
Related Links to this episode:
- Kentico Documentation has some data on the setting Load Pages individually that I mention. It is copied below:
- Load pages individually: If checked, the data source loads and caches individual pages from the database instead of loading the complete data of all pages at once. Only used if the data is paged using an external pager component (UniPager).
You can listen to the episode here on this blog post, it is embedded below:
You can also listen to the previous episode of Kentico Rocks where we talk about the Kentico Marketplace.